Membership Terms and Conditions
1. Membership plan details, including fees and payment dates, are outlined on the website at the time of joining and confirmed via email to the registered email address.
2. Our memberships are available for an initial minimum term of 1, 3, 6, 9 or 12 months. These options are subject to availability at the club.
3. Memberships can be paid upfront or by monthly direct debit.
4. For new members who are paying via Direct Debit, your first payment including any joining fee will be paid upfront by card payment. Your recurring payments will then be collected monthly by Direct Debit starting one month after your initial start date.
5. Late direct debit payments may result in administration fees, suspension, cancellation, or referral to a debt collection company.
6. Membership fees may increase with a minimum of 14 days' notice, but not during the initial minimum term.
7. Members on discounted student rates will have their membership fees increased if they are not able to provide evidence that they qualify for discounted membership. Evidence must include full name and current place of study inclusive of expiry date.
- New members have a 14 day period from initial join to supply valid Student identification, containing a valid expiry date, through either the initial joining process or the Member Area.
- If identification is not provided or invalid, membership fees will be increased to the equivalent full membership fee from the next available payment.
8. The clubs members can access depends on their chosen 'home club'. members can use clubs in the same tier and any lower tier than the home club. Club tiers may change, but an updated list of all clubs and their tiers is available on the website. Before joining, review the membership options and which clubs are included.
9. New members must join the club you plan to use the most. If you use another club more frequently over a two-month period, we may transfer your membership to that club, which could impact your fees.
10. Members must check in at each visit by scanning their unique identifier through the barcode feature on the Fitness First app.
11. Personal trainers at our clubs are self-employed, and any services they or any third parties provide are agreements between you and them. We are not liable for or responsible for payments made to a personal trainer or third party. Arrangements for PT and other third-party services must be made directly with the trainer or party.
12. We provide our members with a digital solution, the FFX PT App, that allows you to discover the profiles and expertise of our Personal Trainers, buy single sessions or packages and book your sessions.
13. The validity of those Personal Training session packs is limited and are defined by our self-employed Personal Trainers, please check with them in Club to ensure you’re aware of the validity of those packs.
14. Pricing and availability of PT sessions are set by, and at the discretion of the personal trainers.
15. Any sessions purchased digitally with a personal trainer via the FFX PT app can be booked 3 hours after the purchase at the earliest.
16. Discounted Personal Training sessions.
17. New members can purchase a 2-pack or 5-pack of personal training sessions at a discounted price. Sessions are each for 60 minutes, and can be booked with any personal training in the members home club.
18. The 5-pack is redeemable within 3 months of purchase, the 10-pack is redeemable within 6 months.
19. The group exercise class schedule can be viewed, and classes can by booked through the FFX member app.
20. Members no longer able to attend a booked class must cancel at least 24 hours before the start time of the class. Repeated non-attendance of booked classes may result in members class booking access being revoked.
21. Members can freeze their membership after the first month for any reason for a fee of £8/month. Members will retain access to the FFX App, including FFX On Demand. This will be charged £8 per month. Freezing is aligned with the monthly payment dates and must be requested at least 5 working days before.
22. Medical, relocation, or other acceptable reasons may qualify for a free freeze of 1 to 3 months with evidence provided. Longer free freeze periods will be offered for specific medical reasons, such as pregnancy.
23. 'Frozen' months do not count towards members initial minimum term.
24. Request a freeze via the 'My Membership' section on the website.
25. Cancelling a membership whilst frozen will still incur cancellation fees.
26. You can request to cancel your membership and give us notice by completing the cancellation request details in the ‘My Membership’ section of the website. We will send you confirmation by email once we have processed your cancellation. Please tell us if you do not receive this.
27. Cancelling your membership within the first 7 days of joining is allowed for any reason. No charges will be applied during this period, but a fair usage policy is in place and members who have visited the club 3 or more times will not be eligible for a refund. To initiate a cancellation, please contact Membership Services directly
28. If you pay your membership fees monthly by direct debit, you can cease your membership to coincide with the end of your initial minimum term by giving one calendar months’ notice. Unless cancelled, memberships will continue beyond the end of the minimum term.
29. Once your membership minimum term ends you can cancel at any time by giving a calendar months' notice. Depending on your direct debit collection date, this may require you to pay for the period between your direct debit date and cancellation date
30. If you decide to cancel your membership before the end of the minimum term, you have two options. You can either pay the remaining balance for the full term and your membership will end on the final day of the minimum term, or you can pay a settlement fee to leave immediately.
31. The settlement fee is the total discount and rate reduction you received through the contract length originally chosen, when compared to the 1-month flexible rate. (For example, you request to cancel after 3 months of your agreed 12-month minimum term. The difference between the 1-month price and 12-month price is £15 per month, so you are required to pay £15 x 3 = £45.) The monthly fees used for the calculation of your settlement fee are the ones that are currently in place.
32. If your circumstances change significantly and make it impossible for you to use your home club's facilities (such as for medical reasons, job loss, or moving house further than 5 miles from your home club), you can cancel without additional fees. Contact our member services team, and provide suitable evidence to support (such as doctor's note or notice of termination of employment).
33. To cancel your membership for medical reasons, you will need to give us notice and provide the documents we ask for as proof of the change in your circumstances. Your membership will not be cancelled, or any fees refunded, until this evidence is provided. (Refunds may be considered when a membership has been purchased on a Paid in Full agreement. This does not apply to memberships paid by Direct Debit).
34. Your membership can be cancelled if you violate the club rules.
35. If your home club closes permanently, we will write to inform you if your membership is being transferred to another club. Members will have the option to cancel their membership without additional fees by informing our member services team.
36. If you pay your membership fees upfront in one single lump sum, your membership will automatically end once you have completed this term, unless you choose to renew your membership.
37. Members must be 16 or older.
38. You agree to provide a recent photograph for the purposes of your membership and to comply with our ‘Gym Rules’, which is displayed in your club and online, and extends to opening hours, use of facilities and your conduct. We may change our gym rules if we feel this is reasonably necessary.
39. We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights thereunder to a third party on notice to you. Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced.
40. There may be occasions where we have to close all, or part of, the gym where you train. In such circumstances, you will not be entitled to any partial or full refund. We will endeavour to advise you in advance where possible unless the issue is urgent or an emergency. Where possible we will try to ensure that any such closures are in off peak hours and are kept to a minimum.
41. We will not be liable for or responsible for any failure to perform any of our obligations under this agreement which are caused by any event that is outside our reasonable control.
42. Our staff, agents and subcontractors are not medically qualified so if you have any doubts about your fitness or capability to exercise, we strongly recommend that you get advice from a doctor first. Please be aware that our swimming pools are not under constant supervision. If you have a medical condition that may affect your safety or wellbeing, we strongly advise you are accompanied whilst swimming. For safety reasons, you are responsible for correctly using all club facilities and reading club signs and agree to keep to the conditions in the Member Health Pledge, which is available in our clubs and online. We strongly advise that all members complete an induction to the gym, and you should ask for one if we do not offer you one. If you are not sure how to use any equipment, always ask a member of staff.
43. We can transfer all or any part of our rights or responsibilities under this contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights under the contract.
44. A £30 refundable deposit is required for locker hire. Upon termination of locker agreement, the deposit will be returned providing all outstanding fees have been paid, key is returned and locker inspected for damage.
45. If you lose your key, you will forfeit your deposit, this will cover the replacement cost of a new lock. A new deposit will be required.
46. This service is for members only, you must hold a valid Fitness First membership.
47. The first monthly payment is to be made in club, and will be taken via monthly direct debit thereafter.
48. First payment is required to be made in club and then monthly by direct debit.
49. Hired lockers are only intended for the use of members for training kit and cosmetics, we do not recommend they are used to store any valuables. Should the club have reasonable belief that the locker is being used for any other purpose, Fitness First reserves the right to open and remove belongings.
50. Fitness First will not be held liable for the loss/theft of any locker contents.
51. The club will attempt to contact you where there are plans to open the locker, move, or remove belongings. It is the members responsibility to ensure up to date contact details are held. (Email and Mobile number)
52. Locker hire is not transferable.
53. To cancel your locker hire we require 1 months' notice. You should cancel by completing a contact form https://www.fitnessfirst.co.uk/contact/
54. Clubs operated under the ‘Fitness First’ brand are owned and operated by Fitness First Clubs Limited (company number 03207791) which is a company registered in England and Wales.
55. If you have any questions or if you have any complaints, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
56. We can make reasonable changes to these terms and conditions at any time. Additional terms and conditions might be agreed on specific membership types e.g., corporate, partnerships, promotions etc. Such terms will be shown in conjunction with any offer or agreement and may supersede these terms which will be agreed in writing.
These Terms & Conditions were updated on 08.02.2023
57. In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
- Pay Later in 30 days
- Klarna's Pay in 3 installments credit agreements are not regulated by the FCA. Use of these and any missed payments may affect your ability to obtain from Klarna and other lenders. 18+ UK residents only. Subject to status. T&C's apply. www.klarna.com/uk/terms-and-conditions
- Pay in 3 instalments
- Klarna's Pay in 30 days credit agreements are not regulated by the FCA. Use of these and any missed payments may affect your ability to obtain credit from Klarna and
other lenders. 18+, UK residents only. Subject to status. T&Cs apply. www.klarna.com/uk/terms-and-conditions
58. Further information and Klarna’s user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna can be found here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarnas privacy statement.
- Your Fitness First day pass will be valid on the date you selected, running untill midnight of the selected date.
- All day passes must agree to the standard terms and conditions, gym rules and health questionnaire.
- You cannot transfer this daily membership to anyone else nor transfer to another date.
- Fitness First day passes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Proof of ID may be required
• In a selection of clubs, we offer 5 and 10 session packs allowing you to enjoy our Clubs on a pay as you go basis.
• Packs will give you access to all clubs and all facilities in the tier of your home club and below. Home clubs offering this type of membership are included below:
• From the date of purchase, the 5-pack is valid for 2 months and the 10-pack is valid for 3 months. Unused sessions will not be refunded
- Lockers may be available for use by Members and Guests whilst they are on the Club’s premises, subject to availability.
- Members and Guests must ensure that the contents of lockers are removed at the end of their visit. Only Members who have paid to hire a locker may have personal items left in their lockers overnight.
- Lockers remain the property of the club and under no circumstances can be shared with another member.
- The club reserves the right to open lockers without the member/guest’s permission or the member/guest being present.
- All bags must be kept in lockers and should not be taken into the fitness areas.
- Fitness First reserves the right to remove the contents from any lockers which have not been emptied after the visit.
- Property cleared from lockers, or left on the premises, shall be held for a reasonable period of time, dependent on storage available onsite. Unclaimed items are disposed of.
- Fitness First will not be held liable for the loss/theft of any belongings.